Pick Them Up
Pick up is usually Friday evening unless otherwise noted. Drop off time is usually Sunday evening or Monday afternoon in the Saving Grace parking lot. Pick up and return times will be assigned and emailed to you and may vary if we have a special host event. Pick up and return times are not flexible, you must be able to pick up and return at the set times.
Details will be sent via email on Thursday evening, so please check your inbox and spam folder for our Host Team’s email!
- A crate and leash are available if needed. If you have a straight leash at home, we ask you bring your own, so we can keep the few we have at the farm. Dogs will be fitted for harnesses at pick up which must be kept on for all outdoor walks with straight leashes.
- We depend 100% on donations for all food we have at Saving Grace, and with many dogs on site and in long term foster, our supply is almost always limited. If you are able to supply food for your dog during their stay, we would greatly appreciate it. If you are in a position where you cannot supply food, please let us know and we will absolutely send you with some!
- Please don’t bring your dog to pickup but your human family members are welcome.
- Park in the Saving Grace parking lot to pick up your dog (and crate if needed). If the parking lot is full, please park in the Harris Teeter parking lot. Once you check in with the host team, you can bring your car up to get your dog.
- If you haven’t signed a Host Agreement previously, you can sign it at pickup.
- Tips for getting dog in/out of car and riding home: keep your hand on the dog’s leash at ALL times, make sure your dog is calm and settled before driving, crack the windows a little bit for fresh air (but not all the way down!)
- How to introduce your dog to other pets and family members
- During your weekend, keep your dog on its leash at all times whenever you are outside (no retractable leashes)
- During the dog’s stay – send or tag us in some fun photos or videos that we can post to promote this dog. Any information that can be sent on house manners, leash manners, sleep habits, potty habits, or any funny quirks can all be very helpful in finding this dog a home quickly!
- Please make sure to save our email address email@example.com as a contact. Our confirmation request email and pick up return info emails often can go to your junk folder. Please be on the lookout for these emails after you have completed the online sign up form.
Your Sleepover guest is waiting!
STEP 1: Fill out our form and pick dates
This starts the process and helps us pair you up with a good sleepover companion!
STEP 2: Pick a Date
Sign up for each time you’d like to have a Sleepover Guest.
STEP 3: Pick them up
Our Pickup Times are typically Friday evenings, but you’ll get emails with specific instructions for your sleepover.
STEP 4: Bring them back
Drop-off time is usually on Sunday evening or Monday afternoon, but you’ll get emails with specific instructions for your sleepover.
The goals of the program are to give dogs a break from the hustle and bustle of the farm, receive more individualized attention and gain community awareness. Review our detailed guidelines to find out more.