Once you take your new pup home, a new life begins for all!
Just like people, every dog is different since he/she has been exposed to different things and will react in different ways. Always put them in comfortable situations. Even though you have a loving home to offer them, you are still an “unknown” and they will slowly learn to trust you as well as the new routine and expectations.
Here are some resources to help you be successful, and some Happy Tails of others who have adopted/been adopted!
We understand sometimes an adoption doesn't work out and we will take back our adopted dogs. We are here to support you in this process and need you to partner with us and begin communicating early if there are any concerns. Each return is handled on a case-by-case basis. The more information you can provide for us, the better decisions we can make about his/her viability within our program.
Please follow these steps:
- Begin email communications with the Adoptions team as soon as possible. (Adoptions@savinggracenc.org)
- Request and receive a scheduled, confirmed appointment to return your dog.
- Complete a relinquish form and bring with you:
- the original medical sheet
- adoption packet including rabies vaccination certificates and tags and microchip information
- UPDATED medical record information from your vet
- Remember- a partial refund of your adoption fee in the amount of $280 is offered within 7 days.
Please note: While we accept our adopted dogs back, we will not knowingly place aggressive animals into another home. In these instances the dog will be fully evaluated and observed once returned before acclimating back into our program.
STEP 1: Understand the responsibility
Make sure you understand how adopting a pet will impact your life.
STEP 2: Apply to Adopt
STEP 3: Take them home
Once we agree you’ve found your new pet, pay your adoption fee, and take them home!
YOU ARE HERE
STEP 4: Love them forever!
We have some great resources to help smooth the transition, and keep your pup happy and healthy!
Look at these stories from happy adopters! Wouldn’t you like to be one?”