What were we up to this week?
Our Saving Grace village. A force like no other.
- Our foster families helped us take 1 mama dog and 18 puppies
- Our intake team was kept busy with our new dogs from rural shelters
- 63 dogs were adopted out to loving families
- WE DID IT! The support for Save Saving Grace was overwhelming
- Over 40 dogs spent the weekend with our Weekend Hosts
- Our first annual Barks and Boos Open House and Supply Drive was a hit
Read on for more details.
Shelter Rescues and Fosters
Another fabulous and busy week at the farm.
- Multiple runs to rural shelters and transporting dogs to Saving Grace
- Twice daily care, feeding and playtime of our dogs on the farm. The dogs are enjoying the cooler weather during their impromptu games of “tag, you are it!”
- Coordinating with our wonderful foster families for the pickup of 18 puppies and 1 mama dog
- Matchmaking by our adoption team to adopt out 63 dogs and puppies
- Sending over 40 dogs out to our Weekend Host families
We couldn’t accomplish all this without our volunteers, foster families, weekend hosts, and supporters!
Save Saving Grace
WE DID IT!
We blew through the $100,000 goal in just about a month. The response was fast and completely overwhelming.
We will never be able to thank you enough for the outpouring of support to keep our doors open to fuel our mission.
With the county mandated improvements funded for completion we can now turn our attention to the long list of capital improvements as part of the ongoing “Raise the Ruff” campaign. These upgrades will provide an even better experience for our animals, volunteers and adopters. We know if won’t happen overnight but with supporters like you we know it’s possible.
Thanks again for the amazing support and keep sharing, donating, and most of all adopting. It clearly takes a village of compassion to do what we do and we’re so fortunate to count everyone who donated as a member of the Saving Grace Tribe.
Will you help us continue with our “Raise the Ruff” campaign?
Check out our calendar for upcoming events!
Some upcoming events:
- Host a Dog Weekend is this weekend
- Nov 17 – is a busy day. Check out both our events:
- Look Fetching with Your Saving Grace Pup @ Lilly Pulitzer North Hills
- Santa Paws @ Grace Park Animal Hospital
Our first annual ‘Barks and Boos Saving Grace Open House and Supply Drive’ was a blast! Our supporters came out in large numbers to visit the farm. A big thank you to our first time visitors – we trust that you got all dog kisses you could handle in one evening!
A few highlights from the Barks and Boos open-house:
- A six-year old girl donated the $150 she raised (selling chocolate pops) to buy an “in honor of” brick for the Raise the Ruff campaign
- Our village helped us raise additional funds and supplies via the donation box, the swag trail and supply drop-off
- Will and Pops food truck was onsite to feed our hungry visitors. And not to worry, the dogs were right there to help clean-up any fries that might have gotten dropped!
- The Humane Society of Marlboro County joined us with some adoptable cats and kittens
- We loved hearing the stories (and seeing the pics!) from our tribe. It’s heart-warming to hear the “I got my dog from Saving Grace…” tales.
- And to our supporter who told us “You aren’t Saving Grace. You are AMAZING Grace!”… your words help remind us why we do what we do and show the spirit of our tribe.